Friday, September 23, 2011

Moving right along.......

Isn't it amazing how your state of mind has the ability to warp your perception of time?  I often hear people cite that old adage "Time flies when you're having fun", but I always think to myself "Yep, but I bet you've never thought about what happens when you're not."  After trying to run a hobby shop in a small rural town for the last 3 years, I can tell you.  You know those fucked up dreams, where you're trying to catch (or run away from) something, but it feels like you're running through quicksand and you just can't seem to get there, no matter how hard you try?  Well, that's what it's like.  It's like I imagine trying to ride a pushbike through molasses would be, but without the entertainment factor.  Time seems to take on this horrible, boggy quality and drags along like it's got absolutely nothing better to do. 

However, I'm happy to say that I think the bog is drying up (and yes, I do realise that, for the small number of people who follow this blog, it's become a very negative place these days).  I've been offered the opportunity to go back to what I like to do best (computer programming), so I'm taking it.

Henceforth, I shall make the effort to post at least *some* positive entries between my rants.

Please wish me luck.  I have no idea whether I'll need it or not, but it can't hurt now can it? :-)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home