Thursday, December 07, 2006

Clipless pedals rock!

I've been doing quite a bit of biking of late, trying to get back into shape after the winter woes of my sore joints etc. Yesterday afternoon, I finally got around to trying 'clipless' pedals (the sort you have to 'click' into with special cleated shoes). All I can say is, I don't know why I didn't do this sooner.....these things are absolutely awesome!

I went for a set of Shimano M520 SPDs and a pair of Specialized Sport MTB shoes. My bike (Giant VT3) actually came with a set of cheaper SPDs, but after a bit of research online I decided not to use them (bit dangerous....can be hard to get out of apparently).

On my first ride yesterday, I couldn't believe how much more power I can make. I can easily hold one gear higher than before, although one thing I noticed is how much more it allows you to thrash your legs....my quads were demolished when I got home :-)

If you haven't tried SPDs before, give it a whirl.....it's definitely worth it!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - I 'discovered' you quite by accident. Your blog stood out a mile in that you spelled O'Reilly's totally wrong, which means you get about 9 googles instead of the 63.778 you probably dreamed about. Research can be beneficial if you're trying your damnest to attract blind, brain-dead admirers. But credit where it's due - you can spell penis correctly. But you've probably heard it said - or at least it's abbreviation - many, many times. You carry on as you are !

1/12/2007 6:06 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome.....yet another wannabe pedant hiding behind an anonymous comment. Nice work....*sigh*. By the way, if you're going to *be* a pedant, you might like to work out correct apostrophe usage before you cast your next stone. Oh, and there's no such word as 'damnest' either.....it's 'damnedest'.

1/12/2007 6:27 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This has absolutly nothing to do with whatever your going on about, BUT..... do you have any pictures of your old ZXR750, the pink and black one. As it turns out it's a hard colour to find.

Cheers Dude

:^)

1/30/2007 3:10 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Actually, I don't think I do. I may have, hidden away in a box somewhere, but I've recently moved house, so the chances of me being able to put my hands on them are just about zero.

1/30/2007 4:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home