Thursday, April 26, 2007

Big kite weather

Looks like the kite season is all but over here. The wind dropped off just after easter and there hasn't been a decent kiteable day since then :-( Of course, it's 'round about now that I normally resort to dragging out the big guns (my 16M monster) when I get desperate enough to go for a kite. Oddly enough, as soon as I get on the water with it, I immediately remember why I invariably decide to never fly it again......until the next time I get desperate enough ;-)

Living in a place like this, it's easy to forget just how slow these big kites are in light wind. The biggest thing I've flown since I moved here at xmas time is my 12, although I could count the number of times I've had it out on one hand. The rest of the time, I've been on the 10 or the 8. Anyway, yesterday was one of those days when I got desperate enough to get the 16 out. Man oh man, talk about going from a Ferrari to a semi trailer......it's like everything happens in slow motion. But, at least I got out. Better than sitting on the couch or in front of the computer :-)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home