Sunday, September 30, 2007

Slackness

Well.....what a slack little blogger I've been of late! I didn't realise it had been so long since I'd posted......I guess time really *does* fly when you're having fun :-)

So, what's been happening? We went on holidays a little while ago. We camped at a few places on our way up the coast to Airlie Beach, before heading over to the Pepper's Palm Bay resort on Long Island for a week.
The camping was absolutely fabbo! We stayed at Cape Hillsborough, then a beautiful little spot on the way into Finch Hatton Gorge called the Platypus Bush Camp. We were going to stay at a camp ground up in the Eungella range, but to cut a long story short, we rescued an injured possum and had to drive him back in to Mackay for medical attention. It was too late at night to head back up the range, so we ended up staying in a caravan park at Bucasia Beach, just outside Mackay (even longer story).
Next stop was Long Island. The Peppers Resort over there is absolutely fantastic. No TVs, no phones and best of all, no kids! The entire week was so relaxing, but we ate way too much food....it was just too good to pass up! We took one kite/board over, just in case, but it was no good for kiting there. Too much reef etc on the shoreline. It wasn't windy enough anyway.

I've started a kitesurf business! It's called Kitesurf Obsession (the website is still in development). I'm booked in to do my IKO instructor's certification towards the end of November, so after that I'll be all set to start doing lessons. I've got a couple of brands on board already (Peter Lynn and Best), as well as pushing my mate's kiteboards (www.cardboarding.com).

I'll pull my finger out and post some photos of the holiday when I get some more time.

Ciao!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home