Monday, November 07, 2005

Will this rain ever go away??

Damn.....someone has really turned on the taps at the moment. Every time I walk outside it's raining lately! I even had to kite in the rain on Friday afternoon......how's that for desperate?!

Michelle and I spent the weekend in Bundy so we could kite at Elliott Heads, but that didn't work out so well. No wind to speak of on Saturday morning, so we went snorkelling instead. We were surprised at how much coral/wildlife there actually was at the spot we went to.....Michelle managed to touch a turtle and we even saw a stonefish! First time either of us had seen one for real.....ugly little suckers, for sure.

Went for a short kite on Sat arvo when the wind finally came up, but Sunday was the better day. We went to Toogoom and Michelle got a few good runs on the shorter board before it *really* picked up......then I went out and was overpowered on the 10! Very gusty and not much fun for Michelle to be learning in, but better than not getting out at all!

Roll on the fine weather!!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hate to tell you this but there's more rain forecast for the next few days :)

11/07/2005 4:04 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh sure.....rub it in..... ;-)

11/07/2005 6:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:D Well I'm more of a winter person, so I suffer for the whole summer :P

11/08/2005 2:22 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I thought you started kitesurf lessons at one point? Get in the water dude! Much cooler then :-)

11/08/2005 7:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Dan showed me a bit of stuff at the end of last season but by the time I started getting the feel of it the water was getting too cold and the wind was dying off, let alone co-ordinating a time when he was down there and I wasn't working. But, I will get back into it! Can't exactly justify the time right now while he's waiting on me for designs and router models though, heh :)

By the way, there's a recall of certain batches of EN-EL3 batteries for the D70 - check out http://www.maxwell.com.au/service/notice/enel3.html for the details. One of my batteries is from one of the affected batches, so it might be worth checking yours!

11/09/2005 10:21 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just checked both of mine and they're fine....phew! Thanks for the heads-up though :-)

11/10/2005 6:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home