Friday, November 11, 2005

Bloody kite maintenance :-(

I'm still looking around for the chinaman I've apparently killed recently......

A few weeks ago, I blew a strut bladder in my 12. Of course, it was while I was pumping up and it was perfect conditions. Pain in the arse, but no real problem.....went out on my 14 and got demolished all afternoon, then went home and fixed the 12 bladder.

I got to the beach a couple of days ago and it was light wind, so I got my 16 out. In the course of pumping up, I found 2 strut bladders that were so badly twisted that they were severely deforming the strut. No amount of flapping/jiggling/swearing worked, so I gave up and put it back in the car and got the 14 out. Half way through pumping the LE up, the centre strut bladder blew. FFS....... So, there's that session buggered.

Yesterday afternoon, while pumping up my 12, I discovered that the tip batten pocket stitching had popped at the TE of one tip, over about a 2 inch area. Being desperate, I flew it anyway, but by the time I got back in it had reached about 6 inches, so I had to spend an hour or so in front of the telly last night, hand sewing the fkng thing back on.......hate that!

I can't help wondering what's next?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well they say bad luck comes in threes, so your bad luck should be over now :)

11/14/2005 12:28 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, you never know your luck I guess. Although if previous experience is anything to go by, I think I may be exempt from that particular rule.....

11/14/2005 1:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, I think I might be too :( But here's to blind optimism ;)

11/14/2005 4:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home